1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year? Well, there have been many accomplishments this year but I would have to say that my biggest accomplishment in 2003 was staying sane. It was clearly a year of transition and change with the ups and downs of school vs. career options, deciding I was no longer committment phobic, embracing new friends, letting go of old friends and finding old friends as new friends, yet more death in the family, healing old wounds and so on and so forth. It was my transitional year in the start of the new 7 year cycle and I am enjoying the ride thus far whilst retaining some sense of sanity.
2. What was your biggest disappointment?
Sheesh, there haven't really been any big disappointments this year which leaves me wondering whether I haven't taken enough chances to be disapointed with or whether its just been a good year. I guess if I had to choose one it would be that my short film never made it into local heroes but I wasn't really that disappointed as I figure I'll just keep plugging along and try again next year and the year after and so on and so forth.
3. What do you hope the new year brings?
I hope the new year finds us in our new house at some point. This may not happen until early 2005 but I am ever hopeful that it will happen in 2004.
4. Will you be making any New Year's resolutions? If yes, what will they be?
I think New Year's resolutions suck the big one frankly. I mean I can make meaningful changes in my life on any given day, any given hour, any given moment and I don't need to pressure myself with one day. Though I will be planning on quitting smoking (eep) on January 10 (just a random day) but that is not really a new year's resolution so much as a healthy life decision plus see above - I want my house and at $10+ a pack well its a darn good incentive.
5. What are your plans for New Year's Eve?
New Year's Eve will find me at The Black Dog with friends. Now, normally I don't go out on New Year's Eve and would prefer to stay home with movies and red wine and avoid the whole blah blah crowd entertainment thing. However, my baby is playing so out I will go and happily I am going with some super wonderful people including Asylus, Vixen, Ruby and company so all is good and I am happy about the whole going out thing. Interesting side note about New Year's Eve Black Dog extravaganza is that 2 years ago my ex-husband met his now girlfriend at the Black Dog on New Year's Eve so they will be there as it is their tradition and anniversary. Should this be weird for me, not really but since I am going with my baby who incidentally introduced said ex to his girlfriend that night and who was said ex's best friend until he and I started dating ... well its a bit twisted. And for further fun, not only will my ex and his girlfriend be there but I am going with my ex-fiancee, incidentally that would be Asylus. It sounds a lot more sordid than it really is now doesn't it? "Ah, the joy that is my life" she says slightly sardonically.
But its Tuesday and I should be working instead of peering frightfully out of my cubicle walls at the deadened empty halls wondering why oh why did I not have the good sense to take this week off work. Meeting girl doesn't even have a meeting this week though next week is crazed again ... home would be nice about now especially since I have to finish Roo's gift (if you are reading this Roo - I am very happy so far with the way it is shaping up, wheeee) and there are books to read, Soprano's to watch and Buffy Season 5, sigh ... suck it up princess!